Quality, Health & Safety and Environment Policy
Optical Systems Design Pty Ltd (OSD) is an engineering based company committed to providing communications systems solutions, predominantly using optical fiber technology, to a broad range of customers throughout the world.
OSD has over 30 years’ experience designing, manufacturing and marketing its own innovative products and solutions. OSD’s Engineering Department develops products to meet changing industry requirements which are manufactured and serviced by our customer focused operations team. Optical fiber systems have a number of benefits over conventional wiring systems specifically * Lower costs * Higher security * Minimal lightning and electrical noise problems * Safer in hazardous environments * Easier installation
Our products and service are also accredited to our people, their competencies and continuous training programs. Our products are used in environments ranging from offices to remote mine sites and have an established excellent reputation for performance and reliability.
This policy details how OSD is committed to the management of Health & Safety ISO 45001, the Environment ISO 14001:20015 and to meeting the Quality ISO 9001:2015 standards expected by our customers in the delivery of the products and services that we supply and provide to them.
OSD aspires to zero harm of our people, our visitors and the community in which we operate. We have an overriding commitment to health & safety and environment and we will not compromise our health & safety and environmental values.
To implement this policy we shall focus on the needs of our business with particular reference to consistently meeting our customers’ requirements and statutory obligations. Our Management System will provide mechanisms for detecting system shortfalls and for stimulating process improvements. We will also adopt uniform best practices so as to assist in eliminating or reducing of non-conformance and assist in the protection of workers and others’ health & safety and the environment and maintain confidence for OSD’s operations
Through our Management System, OSD shall manage its quality and reliability and its environmental impact and health & safety which meets or exceeds client requirements and expectations, through:
- Creating and fostering a positive health & safety and environment culture where health & safety and environment are considered to be an integral part of our business.
- Providing clear expectations to all personnel to engage and comply with our Management System;
- Systematically identifying health & safety and environmental hazards and processes, potential risks and opportunities for improvement and to assess the risks these hazards represent and then establishing methods in order to eliminate or mitigate them;
- Take all reasonable steps to;
- Minimise waste-to-landfill, greenhouse gas emissions and other pollution by applying waste management principals;
- Actively promoting and encouraging the adoption of ecologically sustainable work practice initiatives and programs within our organisation, suppliers and the general community using current technical knowledge;
- Further reduce our consumption of power, water and natural resources; and,
- Employ environmental considerations in purchasing decisions.
- Identifying, reporting, investigating and resolving all health & safety and environmental incidents and non-conformance and where lessons are learned with action, implementation and shared.
- Seek continuous improvement in quality, health & safety and environment through rigorous examination of all activities, practices and incidents.
- Meet all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and review meaningful and accurate measurable targets and objectives as well as maintaining, monitoring, reporting, reviewing and auditing to facilitate continual improvement of our Management System and communicating appropriately to our people.
- Educating and training people to continually improve awareness, skills and knowledge of quality, health & safety and environmental issues and practices.
- Effectively implement this Policy to enhance the effectiveness of the system and increase awareness through a process of consultation, communication, continual improvement and culture change and ensure it is available to the public.
- Providing suitable and sufficient resources to implement and maintain the system.
These processes are reviewed annually to ensure we are receiving constructive feedback and action changes where necessary.
15 June 2018
Optical Systems Design Pty Limited